findViewbyId was added in API Level 1
findViewById: Look for a child ProgressBar with the given id. If this view has a given id, return this ProgressBar. The findViewById() method is available to all activities in Android. findViewById allows you to find a view inside an activity layout.
1. Name a ProgressBar, in XML named myProgressBar.
2. Declare a ProgressBar named myProgressBar.
3. In MainActivity, java file, add the below code to the onCreate method. Where R.id.myProgressBar is the same as the android:id name in your main.xml file, and myProgressBar is the ProgressBar name referred to in Java. This returns a ProgressBar class and is casted to a ProgressBar type so you can work with it.
myProgressBar = (ProgressBar) findViewById(R.id.myProgressBar);
4. Compile and run!
- Perform an Action after Enter keypress on EditText
- android:ellipsize - Add an ellipsis(...) in a TextView
- Add a Back Button to an Action Bar
- setVisibility() - Hide a TextView, in Java
- android:maxWidth - Set the Maximum Width of TextView
- requestFocus - Set Focus to a TextView, using requestFocus, in Java
- android:alpha - Set the Opacity/Transparency of Text in TextView/EditText
- android:visibility - Hide a TextView, in XML
- android:nextFocusDown - Set Next Focus to a TextView/EditText
- android:minHeight - Set the Minimum Height of a TextView