Context was added in API Level 1
Interface to global information about an application environment. This is an abstract class whose implementation is provided by the Android system. It allows access to application-specific resources and classes, as well as up-calls for application-level operations such as launching activities, broadcasting and receiving intents, etc.
1. In the MainActivity.java file, add the below line to the imports section.
2. In the onCreate method, add the following line.
3. Compile and run!
- Perform an Action after Enter keypress on EditText
- android:alpha - Set the Opacity/Transparency of Text in TextView/EditText
- android:ellipsize - Add an ellipsis(...) in a TextView
- setVisibility() - Hide a TextView, in Java
- android:gravity - Move Text inside a EditText (center, top, bottom, right, left, and more)
- requestFocus - Set Focus to a TextView, using requestFocus, in Java
- android:maxWidth - Set the Maximum Width of TextView
- android:visibility - Hide a TextView, in XML
- Add a Back Button to an Action Bar
- android:drawablePadding - Add Padding to a Drawable in a TextView, in XML